Reference: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Advantages_and_disadvantages_of_word_processing 1)most people can type faster than they can write 2)word-processed documents are always legible 3)documents can easily be send electronically 4)can use certain features like hyperlinks 5)spell check 6)easy to erase and fix mistakes and edit text
The advantages and disadvantages of using Microsoft Word.
Advantages:
Disadvantages:
2)data can be lost by a computer malfunction
3)requires a computer or printer to view document
4)certain languages (esp. asian languages) require hundreds of symbols not easily accessed on a keyboard
5)symbols and equations are easier to write than create on a computer
My Reflection.
I am totally agreed on advantages and disadvantages given above by http://wiki.answers.com, due to my experiences in using Microsoft Word. From my experience, it is true that is using Microsoft Word make my work easier and faster. It is because by using Microsoft Word, I can type my essay faster and if there is any mistake, I just need to edit it without need to write it all over again if I used traditional way which is using handwriting. On the other hand, I am preferred to use Microsoft Word because I can submit my assignment in well present form; in term of the cleanliness and the neatness of my assignment. It is because I am person who does not have clear and neat handwriting so that in order to avoid people for example my lecturers and friends do not understand my handwriting, I will use Microsoft Word to do my writing job. Besides that, when using Microsoft Word I can save my time to make proof read because Microsoft Word contains spell check which is it can help me to check my spelling and grammatical errors in my essay. In addition, Microsoft Word also contains thesaurus which is can help me to find synonym word for a word that I am looking for faster and easier.
However, using Microsoft Word also has its own disadvantages. Since Microsoft Word is a programme only in computer or laptop, therefore I must have electrical power to use it. If at that time there is no electrical power for instance because of black out, therefore I cannot do my job because I cannot use the computer and use the Microsoft Word. Besides that, there was an experience where I had to typed my essay all over again because the file that was contained the essay that I have saved could not be opened. I did not know what was the problem because when I wanted to opened it, the essay that I was typed became to symbols that I did not understand. Therefore, I need to typed the entire essay again and it wasted my time because I need to think and recalled back all the points in order to did the essay.
In a nutshell, using Microsoft Word has its own advantages and disadvantages but for me I really appreciate and thank to those people who created this programme because with Microsoft Word, I can do my work easier, faster and better.


0 comments:
Post a Comment